Monday, November 10, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Uses of Google Sites

   recently in class We have been working with Google sites, a free website creator. Our finishing product was a website called KCS Athletics. While Creating it I found things I liked about it other, not so much.

Likes
the most notable thing that I liked on Google sites was the simplicity of it. Most of the time I could Figure out how to insert items such as images and videos. even when I couldn't there was plenty of advise on line to teach me. Also with some searching you can put in some cool side bar gadgets I liked how the side bar helped me organized the site and gives it a more professional look. I could personalized the site with a wide array of colors and it has basic designs to use for those times when you are in a hurry and need to get something up fast.

Dislikes
Google sites is cool but I also disliked things on it. First the arrangement made me feel like I do not have that much power to do stuff compared to other sites and programs such as blogger, and Microsoft Word. also I found that the more advance stuff was  extremely complicated while the simple stuff was easy to add. I believe that the advanced and simple stuff should be easy to put in the site. Also the gadget screen was messed up, I could edit the gadget once on one screen then the screen would not allow me to do it again until I cancel. therefore if I get the settings wrong I have to go find that gadget again and try again at getting the settings right.

Uses in Daily Life
Google sites might not be my favorite website  creator but it has it uses in my daily life. For Example, I am the secretary of the Echota District Order of the Arrow Chapter, an honor society for scouts. I might be able to use Google sites to post dates of the Camps. also I can use sites to gather together information for a big paper instead of having to go to other websites. This system is not plagiarizing, it is just condescending the information into one website therefore saving RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment